[Macro error: Can't call "homePageLink" because there aren't enough parameters.]
Call for Proposals
BlogTalk 2.0 The European Weblog Conference
The conference will be held in Vienna, Austria, Europe, in July 2004.
Weblogs represent diverse cultures, techniques and tools of an emerging networked society. Following the international success of BlogTalk 1.0, Blogtalk 2.0 is designed to maintain a sustainable dialog between developers, innovative scholars who study blogging, users in corporate and educational settings, and the general community of bloggers.
BlogTalk 2.0 plans for two days to meet, discuss and exchange research, experiences, opinions, software developments, and tools of the blogosphere.
- weblog applications tools
- monitoring the blogosphere
- blogging in an enterprise environment
- weblogs and knowledge management
- blogosphere and emergent systems
- weblogs as a medium: senders, users and audiences
- weblogs as texts: genres, styles and aesthetics
- weblogs in the social sciences: history, statistics and case studies
- weblogs in cultural studies: uses, rewards and meanings
- metaphors of blogging and bloggers
- political impact using the weblog format
- weblogs and journalism
- weblogs in educational settings
- rss and other standards in the blogosphere
Please submit a proposal (not more than 500 words) in RTF including:
Submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by the steering committee. Please send your submission to call[at]blogtalk[dot]net. You will receive a confirmation of our receiving your submission within 3 working days. Submission deadline is the 03/17/2004.
Author's first and last names
Affiliations (country and name of institution or company)
Title of the paper
Length: not more than 500 words
Timeline and important Dates:
Proposal submission deadline: 03/17/2004
Notification of acceptance or rejection: 4/07/2004
Paper version due: coming up
Presentations and abstracts on website due: coming up
last update: Friday, July 23, 2004 at 10:31:02 AM-----------------------